Monday, August 1, 2011

Knowing and Missing

I told God that I love Him today.  I think I heard Him tell me that He misses me.  What a strange thing for God to say.  After all, He knows me intimately and perfectly already. I have been pondering what this could mean, and came across this verse:                

     1 Corinthians 13:12             
     For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.               

Ancient mirrors were made from polished metal (such as bronze), and thus one's reflection was more “dim” than in modern mirrors. “Face to face” references Christ’s return.  Additionally, the OT uses the phrase “face to face,” to refer to seeing God personally; cf. Gen. 32:30; Ex. 33:11; Deut. 5:4; 34:10; Judg. 6:22; Ezek. 20:35.

God longs for the day when I will be with Him, face to face; the day He brings me to my forever home.  Then, I will know Him fully, without my humanly, earthly, limitations.  I know that I miss God, but in my earthly knowledge, I cannot imagine what knowing Him fully will be like.  The amazing-ness is incomprehensible to me.  But, God knows what it will be like for He and I, and He longs for it.

The God of all that is, or ever was, longs to be with me!  It makes me cry when I think about how much He loves me.  I miss HIM very much.  The fact that I am not with Him, face to face, means that His plans for me on Planet Earth are not yet complete.  I can’t help but think of the son or daughter He has planned for us.  I miss you  little one; I am so anxious to meet you and get to know you.  I don’t know you yet, but my Lord knows you very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment