Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Direction... and Benefit Concert

Bob Jones High School has agreed to host a benefit concert for us.  They have suggested the dates of October 7th or 8th (Friday or Saturday).  I am very grateful for my former high school.

I'm looking for musical talent for our concert...obviously I'm under a time crunch.  It's especially difficult to find talent when you are planning a benefit concert and therefore unable to pay the artists what they are most definitely worth.  I'm asking God to give us direction... and even a miracle.

I still get very embarrassed every time a write a new post.  Some posts embarrass me more than others, and I find myself wishing no one would read this blog. I'm ashamed to admit this since you all have been so supportive and encouraging.  I know this:  God is more concerned with fulfilling His purpose than He is about catering to our comfort level, isn't He?  LOL :)

I am feeling a lot of mixed emotions.  I feel worried and anxious about making the right decisions for our adoption (i.e. the right agency, funding...).  But, I always feel grateful and joyful.  I am profoundly grateful that God has a baby planned for Matt and I.  I feel overjoyed every time I think of pur little one. 

Sometimes in life, you feel like you are just stumbling along.  Maybe you feel out of place or misunderstood.  Ever since God revealed adoption to us, I feel like I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be, and doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.  I know that our baby is worth whatever challenges await us.  Of course, God gives me the confidence to say this.  With Him, EVERYTHING is made possible!

1 comment:

  1. Any baby you choose will be lucky to have you! Looking forward to reading more about the benefit. What an exciting time in your life!

    ReplyDelete