Saturday, August 13, 2011

Russia...Benefit Concert

Matt and I have been praying about where God wants us to go for our adoption.  We feel very drawn to Easter Europe, and therefore feel like we will ultimately go to Russia. 

http://www.frua.org/countries/russia
About Russia, Source:  Families for Russian and Ukrainian Adoptions (FRUA)

I began researching agencies in the US that are licensed in Russia (there is only abut 30).  I felt overwhelmed until I ran across an agency in Cheyenne, WY.

http://www.wyomingcs.org/

Matt and I were in Cheyenne for 3+ years while he was serving in the Air Force.  I called the agency and was very impressed with their Russian adoption program.  Ironically, I was reading about the Board of Directors and saw the name, Janet Taylor.  I led a Bible Study in Cheyenne that Janet attended; naturally, I called Janet to get some more information, and she had glowing things to say about their program.  I'm very anxious to get started with them. 

Benefit Concert:
It's about $40,000 to adopt from Russia after all relevant fees and traveling expenses; While Matt and I saving very hard, we will still have to do some fund raising.

We are in the midst of planning a benefit concert.  Mr. Craft, the AMAZING Performing Arts teacher, is allowing us to rent the BJHS Auditorium.  He has been very encouraging and supportive, and I am very grateful.

We are looking for a weekend date in September or October.  I will keep you posted as I learn more details.  Keep us in your prayers, please.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I found your blog thru Pretres adoption blog. It is wonderful that you have a calling for Eastern Europe but I would avoid WCS. We had a failed adoption thru them and lost alot of money. They only work in a few regions (3 at the time) and did not have enough pull in Russia to get the job done. I also have another friend who had a failed adoption with them.

    I would highly suggest joining the FRUA forum or perhaps joining the Yahoo Adoption Agency Group or Yahoo Russian Group to get suggestions on agencies. IMO you should stick with a bigger agency that works in many regions and has more pull in Russia. Also WCS' fee does not include driver, translator costs in Russia, etc and many other bigger agencies will include those costs in their fees.

    You can email me at meesh_g@yahoo.com and I can give you more details on our Russia experience.

    Blessings, Michele

    ReplyDelete