Wednesday, July 20, 2011

God's Provision and Gymnastics

Matt and I are still waiting for God to tell us where to go to adopt.

Matthew 6:34
So do not be anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Waiting on the Lord each day is VERY hard when you want something this badly.  It’s hard to wait on God’s direction when you don’t know how many more tomorrows are in store before He tells you the next step.  This verse from Matthew is very fitting.  I hope God speaks up soon because I am becoming increasingly tempted to coerce friends and strangers into giving me one of their children. LOL!  I’m definitely kidding.  We are trying to put together some fundraisers, so I will keep you posted.

I have been feeling very sad and anxious, so I went to see my former gymnastics coach, Debbie Santos.  She began coaching me when I 6 yrs old; I adore and love this woman more than I can convey.  My gymnastics career ended the summer before my senior year when I had my second back surgery.  I broke my back in a car accident, not gymnastics.  I have been coaching competitive gymnastics off and on for years, and Debbie has always extended an open invitation to return.

My intention last night was only to visit my gymnasts and talk to my former coach.  From the instant I walked into the gym, I was happy… I felt like I belonged here.  My girls were stretching and I was desperately trying to watch rather than correct their form.  It was impossible.  I approached Debbie and asked her if she could use an additional coach.  She answered with an emphatic YES!  I could not begin coaching last night… I was still in my business suit and heels.  BUT, I will begin coaching the competitive girls on Tuesday and Thursday evenings!

Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
I am overjoyed.  God knows that I “need” to parent, and coaching is the next best thing!  God supplied the avenue that will fulfill me while I wait for His direction on where to go for our adoption.  I am in love with my God; His provision is always perfect. 

Please visit my gymnastics academy:  http://www.southernstatesgymnastics.com/

I will likely post videos and pictures of them in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment