Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Defender

I’ve been reading about the plight of Russia’s orphans… the reviews are mixed.  Some of these children’s circumstances are horrific, others seem to be at least adequately cared for.  BUT, regardless of the level of care, these children have nothing that belongs to them.  Even the clothing they wear does not belong to them, much less a mommy or daddy to call their own.

I don’t know who God is giving us… I don’t even know if we are getting a boy or a girl.  Maybe He will give us one of each!  :)  I desperately want to hold them and tell them that Matt and I belong to them, forever.  In the meantime, I pray.  I pray that God protects them.  I pray that He gives them pleasant dreams.  I pray that He makes them unafraid; I hope He whispers the most comforting words to them.  I hope He tells them that we are coming.

There is a BEAUTIFUL song by singer/songwriter, Chris McClarney, called, Defender.   This song echoes everything I know to be true about God.  When I am afraid or worried, I can lay my cares at His feet and fix my eyes on Him.  All the hopes Matt and I have for our little one are hidden in Him; and He is our Little One’s Defender.

I hope you will take time to listen to Chris McClarney (lyrics are pasted below)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ouFAuaQhnU



Resting in Your promise
I will rest within the knowledge that You care
I put my trust in You
Deep within the darkness
Though my enemies surround I will not fear
I put my trust in You

And when I don't know what to do
I will fix my eyes on You

You’re our defender
I hide my hope in You
You are the loving arms my broken heart can run to
I will remember
That there is nothing You can't do
For You are God, You are good
And I surrender
You're our defender

You are strong when I am weakest
You're the peace that passes everything I see
I put my trust in You
I'm surrendering completely
Laying all my cares here at Your feet
I put my trust in You

A mighty fortress is our God
I will not fear, I will not fear
Safe and secure here in Your love
I will not fear, I will not fear

No comments:

Post a Comment