Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Benefit Concert: Jimmy Needham!!!!!


I am THRILLED to announce that Christian singer/songwriter, JIMMY NEEDHAM, is performing at a benefit concert to support our adoption!  Matt and I consider this such a miracle and an answer to prayer.  I am such a HUGE fan of his!  His style of music is very unique to him.  Many of you are very familiar with Jimmy Needham, as you hear his music on Christian stations all day long.  Those of you who are not yet familiar, I am CERTAIN you will become an instant fan!
 
The concert will be on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8th at Bob Jones High School Auditorium.  I will share more details as they are solidified.
 
HELP Marketing:
I am preparing a promo video (roughly 2-2.5 minutes).  I should have it completed by Sept 5th.   Also, I am designing some flyers.  I am going to attempt to get some local radio stations involved
 
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1.)    Please pray for our event.  Pray that we are stuffed to capacity (1400 guests).  Pray that God will use Jimmy Needham’s music to draw people closer to Him. 
2.)    Attend our event  J
3.)    Pass out flyers & show promo:  If you live within 100 miles of Huntsville AL, and are willing, will you please email me your contact info?  I would like to email (or mail) you our concert flyer and our promo video.  You could share this information with your church, workplace, friends, and families. 
 
Email me at PittmanAdoption@gmail.com
Please include:  Name, email, phone number, and mailing address.  Also, let me know if you prefer to receive the information by mail, email, or both.
 
4.)    Email me with any marketing ideas you may have (perhaps you have some contacts that would be interested in helping us market our event)
5.)    SPONSORS:  We would welcome any person or business who is willing to help us sponsor this event.  We would also be proud to express our appreciation for our sponsors at the concert.  Please email me if you are interested.
6.)    IF YOU HAVE ADOPTED, please email me a picture of your family.  I would like to use these “success stories” in our slide show.
 
Final Thoughts:
Right now, we are thinking that the concert will be a non-ticketed event.  It will likely begin at 7:30 or 8pm, with doors opening one hour prior.  Our church will be accepting donations on our behalf at the door, therefore donations will be tax deductible (our church will pay our adoption agency directly).  Lastly, we have contacted another artist to be the “opening act.”  I will let you know more if this person is able to join us (say a prayer, please). 
 
Finally, GOD IS GOOD!  I am overwhelmed by His faithfulness to us.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet friend, thank you so much for your comment on my blog. The words were just what I needed to read! I am even happier that you commented because it brought me to your blog! I had no idea that you and Matt were in the adoption process! How exciting! I"ll definitely be praying for y'all as you walk the road of obedience to the Lord

    ReplyDelete