Saturday, July 9, 2011

Psalm 130:5-6 - "The Waiting Room"

Our final home study interview is complete!  There is nothing else left for Matt and I to do except begin the international part of our adoption, which means we apply to an adoption agency licensed in our desired country.  The problem is that we don't know where God wants us to go... Do we go to Ukraine for a 5-6 yr old?  Russia for a baby? Or somewhere else entirely?  Until God tells us the next step, we are at a complete standstill.  Ever since Ukraine passed new and unexpected legislation, we have been asking God where He will have us go...

I have been heartbroken for the last few weeks, to be honest.  I'm ready to charge through and immediately start preparing our dossier for international adoption.  I've begged God for answers, but all He says is "Wait for Me."  What?  Why wait?  You've planned a child for us who is already out there... why are we waiting? 

I came across a verse in Psalms this morning:

Psalm 130:5-6
“I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope. My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning,”

The psalmist is comparing waiting expectantly on the Lord to night guards of the city who wait for sunrise.  Since a seige was more probable under the cloak of darkness, the night guards had much cause to be especially vigilant.  They watched in anticipation of the coming dawn when they would be released from duty. The coming of the dawn was certain, but not without the passage of time.

Waiting on the Lord inevitably means enduring some passage of time.  That waiting includes the concept of hope is why the Hebrew word qavah is sometimes translated “hope” or “look expectantly,” and why yacha, which means “to wait” can mean either “wait” or “hope.”

Matt and I are waiting for God's direction... He gave us His word that He is going to give us a child.  This is His promise to Matt and I, and our hope is rooted in the fact that God has always been faithful to us.

God told me this morning that, Waiting means confident expectation... Matt and I may not know where our little one is, but we can confidently expect that God will keep His word, and reveal all at the right time.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I feel more confident, less anxious now.  However, I will continue to make my request known to Him.  I will still ask Him throughout the day for direction... but I will try not to beg out of desperation any longer.

God is so good to us, despite ourselves.  Pray for us when you think to.

SVETA JOSIE HOUSER:  On an end note, my dear friends, the Housers, have returned from Ukraine with their new addition:  Svetlana "Josie" HOUSER!  I know that Peyton and Paige welcomed their new sister with much excitement.  Their journey has not been without heartache either, but in the end, it's all worth it.  Sveta Josie is with her forever family!  http://www.followusthere.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tiff! I think this is so wonderful that you and Matt are doing this. Cour has filled me in some but I will enjoy following your blog. :) I will continue to pray for you, Matt and your new little one! Emily was adopted from Russia so I am sure Sheryl would love to talk to you or give you any advice about the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff you are so amazing! The verses that you have quoted are perfect. God is using the two of you and such an amazing way, I know it can be frustrating at time because you feel like you don’t have the direction you need, or want, but just be patient. Its all about timing God has a child hand picked out there for you and he will make all things possible. Just continue to Tust in him! I love y’all so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying so hard for you and Matt! I know that no matter where your child comes from or what age it is, you will love him/her more than you could have ever imagined and that that sweet child will be so lucky and blessed to have the two of you as parents! I am so proud of you!! Love you both! --Kaley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany, I ran across your blogpost on facebook and had to check it out! I'm so excited for you guys and will definitely keep up through your blog and say some prayers for y'all. One of my co-workers adopted from the Ukraine as well. I remember it being such a hard process but they welcomed their 2 kids home a few months ago and everything is great now. The Lord is so faithful and good to us. Can't wait to see what he has in store for y'all.

    ReplyDelete