Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Prayers for Direction

HELP!:  I'm sorry I haven't posted anything.  Matt and I are feeling really defeated and confused right now.  Ukraine has passed new legislation which requires the orphan to "be at least 5 years old before they are eligible for intercountry adoption."  WOW!  We were not anticipating adopting a 5-6 yr. old.  We thought we were going to the Ukraine to adopt a 2-4 yr. old.  We feel really sad, to be honest. 

Ukraine Legislation Link:  http://adoption.state.gov/country_information/country_specific_alerts_notices.php?alert_notice_type=notices&alert_notice_file=ukraine_9

We both felt like God was leading us to Ukraine.  Now, I feel stupid; I feel crazy.  What if HE did not say Ukraine?  What if HE did and we are going to be the parents of a 5 yr old....  That just makes me cry because we will have already missed so much of their life!

I don't know what God has planned.  Matt and I are begging God to be very clear with us and give us direction.  I have journeyed with God through enough crisis to know that HE is always faithful to finish the good work HE begins (Philippians 1:6).  HE knows that I am worried and confused, and sad.

Please pray for Matt and I as we ask God what to do.  We don't know if we are still going to Ukraine or if we need to look at other countries.  We need to decide within the next couple of weeks.  I know our little one is out there.

On a Positive Note:  Our Home Study is going well.  We meet with Gisella (our social worker) this Thursday to discuss mine and Matt's parenting philosophy.  The books assigned by our adoption agency, Lifeline, have been really helpful.  They are teaching us the difference between parenting a biological child versus an adopted child.  Maybe I will talk more about that at a later date.

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you guys. God is throwing you so many curve balls and I think you're fielding them gracefully and faithfully. Sending up prayers for clarity and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today, and I'm certain that God led me to it at this moment for a reason.

    You see, we've adopted from Ukraine. Twice.

    Our first adoption was completed in December of 2007. When we started on that journey, we were adamant that we wanted to adopt a little boy, between the ages of 2 & 4 years old. This was going to be our first child. We kept saying "sure, we can go back later and adopt an older child, but for now, we want as young as possible!"

    We arrived in Ukraine, and things had changed a lot since we'd started our journey. It was next ot impossible to get a child that young on a blind referral (without going for a specific special needs child). We prayed, and asked God to just let us know whow our son was at our SDA meeting.

    And He did! Not a little toddler like we'd expected (or like WE had wanted), but instead a beautiful blonde-haired blue-eyed boy, who was 5 1/2.

    And let me tell you - I cannot imagine life without our William. He is such an amazing kid, kind, laid back, and a heart that is big for God!

    So when we went back to Ukraine last year to adopt again, we prayed once again that God would guide us clearly.

    And once again, we found ourselves falling in love with a 5 1/2 year old boy! His personality was like night & day compared to William's, but Daniel has also been an amazing joy and blessing.

    We are so thankful that God led us where HE wanted us to be, and built our family in such a unique and unexpected way.

    If you ever have any questions about adopting a child a bit older, or just want to vent, feel free to email me! I will be praying for you as you seek God's will for your family.

    In Him,
    Jenn in Georgia
    http://littleboydove.blogspot.com
    janedove75@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If Jenn's post wasn't from the Lord, then I don't have blonde hair!

    (oh, if you dont know me, i have extremely natural blonde hair. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I am Sorry I have been MIA recently, work is crazy! But you know I am always with you too. I think Jenn's post is amazing, but I totally understand the frustration. I think you really need to pray, and pray hard and selflessly for God direction… God is telling you one of two things, one you are supposed to adopt a 5+ old, or two you are supposed to adopt from somewhere else. I have to tell you again… God already has a child handpicked for you and you have to trust that and believe it with all your heart. Remember what I told you the other day Satan is going to do everything he can to Break you because he knows what you are doing is so amazing and will not only grow your faith, but the faith of your child that is waiting on you, as well as your friends and family! Just try hard to be open to God’s will in this! I love you both so much and am so proud of you and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany I am so proud of you for seeking God's will in adding to your family! How exciting to be adopting! I am sure you are frustrated right now with this latest news and I will be praying for you as you go through this process. I know you know Him, and His sheep know His voice. Praying you will hear clearly and have His peace in your hearts in the days ahead. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete