Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home Study - Round 1

We had our first home study visit with our assigned social worker, Gisella, on Friday.  Before you can adopt (or foster parent), you have to complete a series of interviews and an INSANE amount of paperwork.  Did you think buying a house was a lot paperwork?  Me too, until now.  I could buy 20 houses and not have as much paperwork to fill out.  LOL. But the end result makes it all worth it.

Our appointment was 9am at our house and was to last 2-3 hours.  Matt and I took the morning off.  Side note - Matt and I have to wear business attire to work every day.  He looks very handsome in his suit and tie, but he lives life in shorts and a t-shirt.

I wore a blue dress and sandals.  Would you please guess what Matt chose to wear on this day... the day we make our first impression on the lady who approves us for a child?  Matt had on shorts and a t-shirt that says, 70's Big.com!  What!?!  I was panicked!  I said to Matt, "We are interviewing for BABY, not a litter of kittens!"  Ultimately, he settled on shorts and a polo shirt.  What are you going to do?

Gisella is amazing.  (PS - she wore a dress, leggings, and flats).  She is beautiful, sweet, honest, positive, and forthcoming.  More than this, she is also a Christian!  She asked very thoughtful questions.  I think our first interview went really well.  Round 1 complete!  Our next round of interviews are individual and scheduled over the next two weeks.  Moving right along.

3 comments:

  1. I love you both and are so proud you are doing this!! I can't wait to be a part of this journey. Please let me know how I can help in anyway!!!

    LOVE YOU!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you two!

    Love,
    Cortney Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ... matt and his shorts and t shirt... ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete