Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blogging

What is the point of a blog if you aren't going to blog?  Our friends say that people will want to know how our adoption is coming along.  "WE MUST START A BLOG," they say.

My baby sister made this blog for Matt and I.   Thank you, Courtney! 

I am VERY uncomfortable with blogging.  Blogging feels like tweeting to me.  I've never seen twitter, but I think I understand the purpose.  Truthfully, I think it's a bit arrogant to assume that people really want to read your stream of consciousness.  I am uncomfortable blogging becuase I'm afraid that people will think I'm presumptuous too. 

My husband tweets.  Lord knows what; I do not.  Matt is like my sister, an open book.  He'll tell you whatever you want to know.  I am intensely private and easily embarrassed.  I purposefully avoid his Facebook page because I feel certain that I will only feel humiliated if I read it.  There is no imagining what he writes on there.  My sister told me he tweeted a picture of his breakfast once... I mean, WHAT!?  I'm sure he'll post on here too.  I need to prepare for the worst.  Matt, go easy on me. :)

I want to become a blogger, at least for the sake of our little one.  We don't know you yet, little one.  But I want the record (or blog) to show that we are expecting you, planning for you, praying for you!
-Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Tiff, Ivan and I have the same issue with Facebook... only I'm the one who shares our life with the world. I think I'm teaching him well though... a few days ago he posted a pic of the restaurant where he was eating. I was so proud! ;) This blog is wonderful! Not only will it one day show little Pittman how much you wanted him/her, it also let's those of us who love you know what to pray for. I'm still in tears over reading that your little one is alone tight now. I can't even imagine the pain it must cause you! Blog often! Keep us updated! It's not proud of you to assume we care because WE DO!

    Love, Whitney, Ivan, and Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way... i've posted a comment about this before... but some how forgot to actually post it.. Ha ha! Yes, I am one of the friends that said you MUST blog! And I was RIGHT! You are doing GREAT! The Blog is wonderful and so are yall! God has so many wonderful things in store for yall and your futer child! I am so glad to share in all of this with you and I'm so exticly excited for yall! xoxo

    ReplyDelete